July 1, 2016

Michie Tavern


July 1, 2016
Charlottesville, Virginia/Michie Tavern

I met up with my friend, Margaret, today for a belated birthday lunch at Michie Tavern.  It is a historical restaurant down the street from Monticello and was established in 1784.  The menu is a buffet style affair that is based on 18th-century Southern recipes.  Their chicken and corn bread was amazing but the rest left a LOT to be desired.  

Mitchie Tavern
In addition to the Mitchie Tavern, there is a General Store (est. 1797), a Tavern Gift Shop, Metal Smith Shop (est. 1882), and a Armory & Artifacts Shop (est. 1790).

General Store
Inside the General Store
The General Store is housed within the Meadow Run Mill.  They had lots of cool gifts and trinkets, most were pretty expensive, but some were perfectly priced.  We got to try some Strawberry wine that we both immediately bought bottles of.  I hadn't had that before but it would be a killer base for Sangaria!
The Metal Smith
The Metal Smith shop was pretty cool but I couldn't afford any of their fun stuff.

Inside the Metal Smith
The Armory & Artifacts Shop had antique rifles, pistols, swords and artifacts all for sale.

The Armory & Artifacts Shop
This was another fun day and filled with checking out more historical stuff.  Virginia is a pretty fun place to live!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.